adopt your own virtual pet!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

When I was...

...a kid, my mom used to drag me and my sister to the neighbourhood library where we would rent really disturbing videos of fairytales (they were really, really scary.
One was about a radish that ate other radishes while screeching at the top of his lungs) and read books and such. There was a really scary stuffed monster in the basement where the kids section was (it's actually still there, I had to visit that library 2 years ago for some story I had to write for the paper).
Anyways, back to my point. So outside the scary library was a blackberry tree, which my sister and I would ravish everytime we went.
I've always missed the taste of blackberries, but they've always been ridiculously expensive, compared to the 33 cents per pound bananas.
Well, I decided to buy a small package today for $2.50, thus having really high expectations for the taste.
After offering the first few to my co-workers, I began eating them only to find the taste pretty damn disappointing. They had a great first taste of juicy goodness, but a bad aftertaste of poison berry.
I pictured them so much juicier and tasty from my childhood. Strawberries are the same. I haven't eaten a good tasting strawberry in so long.
I feel let down by fruit.
Things are hectic this month, with an appearence at the Contact photography festival on Queen West (go see my photo, support the arts!), Randy flying off to Prague, my first bellydance show, and a "still deciding" septum piercing. I'm probably going to wait on my septum and go to the BME Fest in July where the best piercers and tattooists from all over will be making appearences and giving advice. I might even get it done there, along with a few other things, who knows. Well, I'm signing off. Here's a link to the most addictive game you will probaby ever come across on the internet. It gets me through my day. Keith's score is 216. Mine's 79 :(
Happy almost Friday.
Click

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Meet your meat. Don't support factory farms, where meat is mass produced and sold to restaurants and grocery stores. Buy independantly, buy cruelty free, go vegetarian.