adopt your own virtual pet!

Thursday, November 17, 2005

When enough is enough...

After a long day of slugging through work with my bloated, aching belly (monthly friend) I find myself at home exchanging telepathic thoughts with the Pizza Pops in my freezer. "Eat me". No, I should make something healthy. "I require little work to make." No, I ate a whole small pizza yesterday, I really should eat something else other than processed pizza. "You can make me tastier with hot sauce. I taste so good with hot sauce and you know it." Yes, but so does everything else on this planet, you're not so special. "You'll have to clean dishes if you make anything else." Ok, that convinced me. So I heat up my delicious-with-hot-sauce Pizza Pops and scarf two down in 5 minutes flat. The box indicated that if I so desired, I could have 2 pizza snacks. It didn't mention anything about having more than 2. I realise that this could potentially be a disclaimer, discouraging any eating of more than 2 pizza pops. But on the box, they are referred to as snacks, therefore, 2 would be a snack, 4 a meal. Or so I thought. My appetite had only grown more for the pizza filled pastry after I had eaten the two. I didn't want that gooey feeling to stop. I raced to the freezer and foolishly threw in my last 2 pizza pops into the microwave, thinking I was a genius to make a pizza snack into a meal. Halfway through the first of my 3rd pop, I begin to realise this was a bad idea. Everything starts to have that same pasty taste. Eating has now become a chore and I have only myself to blame. I push the last of my fourth pizza pop into my mouth with my index finger and unbutton my pants with my free hand. I have a full, aching stomach and no more pizza pops in the freezer to last me the rest of the week, all because of one moment of greediness. There is a lesson to learn in all of this. If the instructions on the back of the box refer to a specific amount of food inside, stick to it. The box knows what it's talking about. To those who read this to the end, you truly have a connection with me. To those who didn't, congratulations on your sane, happy state.

1 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger KUYAZ said...

you are killing me! i finished the entry!!! but it took me 28 minutes to read 'cuz i was crying (with laughter of course.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Meet your meat. Don't support factory farms, where meat is mass produced and sold to restaurants and grocery stores. Buy independantly, buy cruelty free, go vegetarian.